Thursday, April 7, 2011

Analyzing advertisement post

        The advertisement I chose to analyze is a poster of the "Coors Light Twins" who also did commercials. The Coors Light company created the visual text and it is distributed by them as well. The idea behind the image is that it makes guys think that if they drink Coors Light they will be able to hang out with beautiful women like the twins. The twins are wearing short short's and have pom poms and they are cheering. Under the picture there is a statement that says "Here's to Football." The image makes me want to buy Coors Light because it gives me the impression that if I drink Coors Light I will be able to hang out with women like that. The ad wants the eyes to focus on the twins bodies so it gets their attention. Then hopefully they will read the ad under it about Coors Light. There is a water fountain in the background which I think represents refreshment. The image is suppose to portray a fun, relaxing time if you buy and drink Coors Light and I think it gets the message across.

No comments:

Post a Comment